New Visual design language
Brand message updates
Inconsistent content and branding
No current design system
Massive dead-link list
Little to no analytics
Analytics and information gathering
Information architecture development
Mobile / responsive design
Content and image management
Utilizing Google Analytics, we started developing a high-level understanding of our user’s most popular flows, and an understanding of who was coming to the site and by what means.
We learned that the primary audience was 40-60-year-olds on smaller desktop computers.
What we also uncovered was that over 70% of user’s first 4 moves revolved around the login sequence; they were getting stuck in a cyclical hell. These insights granted us a solid foundation of our user’s tasks and desired paths.
Open to New Ideas
Employee Satisfaction Driven
Well Version Financially
Refinement, Killing, and Combining
The initial site had over 225 pages, all of which required traversing a rabbit hole to arrive at. I worked personally with business stakeholders, the content management team, and the sales and marketing teams, to establish a more understandable architecture, eventually condensing the site down to less than 100 pages.
With very few design assets solidified and ready for use at Transamerica, our team developed a design language that corresponding with the current branding system and aligning with some internal tools that were also in the works at the time.
During our initial site audits, we were cognizant of the components that we were seeing reappear and thusly had a solid idea of what we would need to construct the site. Starting at the very beginning (text, colors, buttons) we built atomically to develop all assets necessary for the site.
Using Zeplin and a close working relationship with our engineering team, we were able to smoothly handoff our designs and get them into production top meet our tight deadline.
Templatizing Key Functions
We realized a lot of the pages on the site were relaying similar types of information (some brand focused some data-driven) we, therefore, could organize our site by combining our components into approximately 5 templates. We perused our sitemap and pinpointed exactly which template could be placed where.
How Are We Actually Doing?
We were lucky enough to have full hour-long sitdowns with 15 participants. (5 from each audience segment) Those testing sessions allowed us to understand a number of things. A few examples being:
Financial Professionals desired prudent information immediately, saying they saw too much marketing fluff off the bat.
Certain components we had blended in with the chrome of the browser, making them hard to understand.
The Wealth and Health brand was shining through on all accounts.
Mana - Empowered Job HuntingBranding, Reseach, UI, UX
Acosta Retail ReportingInternal Tool, UI, UX, PowerBI
TransamericaUI, UX, Web Design
Rapid Response Supply ChainInternal Tool, UI, UX
Acosta E-Commerce PortalInternal Tool, UI, UX
Sam's Demo AppInternal Tool, UI, UX
AR Try OnsIdeation, Research, UI, UX
The Social RouteBranding, Internal Tools, UI, UX, Web Design
Kaya FinancialBranding, Research, UI, UX
The Repair CoachUI, UX, Web Design
Acosta UI ToolkitInternal Tool, Research, UI, UX
Boulder College CounselingUI, UX, Web Design,